January 24, 2024

D100 Dungeon: Game 1 Quest 1 - Turns 5 to 8

Turn 05 - North - Yellow Room

I couldn't resist the allure of the north tunnel, which led me into a small cavern. The tunnel narrowed, and its walls were etched with runes that spoke of a forgotten age. The air grew still and heavy, as if burdened by the weight of centuries. My lamp cast flickering shadows. The shadows danced like specters, and their silent whispers echoed through the icy expanse.

Amidst the frost-covered stones, I noticed a small vial with glass tinted a pale violet. I retrieved it with care and read the faded inscription: Potion of Lesser Remove Poison. I tucked it into my pack.

But the stillness was shattered by a sudden rustle from the depths. A group of goblinoids appeared from the shadows, their eyes filled with malice. They charged towards me, wielding crude weapons that glinted in the dim light. I met their attack with my baton, the clash of metal echoing through the frozen chambers.

The battle was fierce. I managed to strike true, delivering bone-crunching blows that felled two of the foul creatures. However, their savage desperation and numbers threatened to overwhelm me.

As I raised my shield, a vicious strike was deflected, but a blow grazed my arm. The pain was sharp but fleeting. I pressed on, unwavering in my focus. I delivered a final, forceful attack, causing the remaining goblinoid to scatter. They retreated into the darkness, leaving me victorious but winded.

Leaning against the icy wall, my breath ragged, I was reminded of the dangers that lurked in these icy depths. Despite the tension, I felt a sense of satisfaction. I had overcome. 

(Found a Potion of Lesser Remove Poison / No damage - Last goblinoid had 1 hp left)


Turn 06 - West - Yellow Room

I turned towards the west, my boots crunching on the icy floor. The passage narrowed, with walls etched with runes that looked like battle scars from long-forgotten clashes. The air was heavy with the weight of ages, and fear gnawed at my gut.

The hours blurred into the shadows. My lamp flickered. It cast monstrous shapes that danced on the walls. Exhaustion weighed on my limbs. My mind fogged as if the darkness itself tried to swallow me whole.

A glint of light pierced the darkness. A tome, bound in ice-cold leather, rested in a crevice. Its pages flickered with arcane power. I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, and I reached for it.

As I brushed the cover, the lamp sputtered and died, plunging me into darkness. Panic clawed at my throat, the weight of the labyrinth pressing down upon me. In the blackness, I stumbled, my hand still outstretched, my fingers brushing against the cold leather of the tome.

With my oilskin pouch heavy with precious fuel, I fumbled in the dark to extract a flask. I splashed the fuel into the lamp and with a click and a hiss, a A click and a hiss were followed by a glorious burst of light, which banished the shadows and restored my sight.

I felt relieved and welcomed the warmth. The book was still in front of me, and a page with scrawls was there for the taking. I looked at the passage ahead, and the darkness was no longer terrifying but a challenge to overcome.

(Found Spell of Healing)

Turn 07 - South - Blue Room

The icy labyrinth twisted south. The frost-covered walls echoed with the sounds of ancient battles.

The passage widened, revealing a colossal chamber whose ceiling was swallowed by darkness. Towering ice pillars, etched with chilling runes, stood guard, bearing witness to the countless souls who had ventured here. I traced the runes with my fingers. The ice did not reveal its secrets easily.

However, I made a discovery: a hidden crack, covered in frosty crystals. I chipped away at the ice, revealing a narrow tunnel that burrowed into the depths of the labyrinth.

I wondered where it led and what mysteries lay hidden within. Although questions floated through my mind, one thing was clear: this was no accident. I entered the hidden tunnel, feeling the frozen walls brush against me. 

Then, the tunnel veered west, not south.  With narrowed eyes, I pressed on. 

(Found Secret Tunnel West)

Turn 08 - West - Wandering Monsters - Red Room

Hardly a stone's throw from the hidden tunnel, shadows birthed a pack of giant rats, their stench clinging to the air like a shroud. Steel sang a savage tune against stinking fur, leaving a jagged tear in my leather chausses and a dull ache in my thigh. The rats fell, one by one, but the largest, his fur matted with scar tissue, danced away with a mocking chirp, melting back into the icy maze. Frustration crackled in my throat, sharp as the frost that painted the air.

Another cavern materialized from the frozen haze, and I steeled myself for the inevitable chittering symphony of rodent menace. This time, I met the threat head-on, my blade a whirlwind, leaving a pile of twitching fur in its wake. From the carnage, I claimed a trophy - a rat's tooth, a grim ornament for my meager collection.

But also amidst the triumph – an iron key, smooth and cold. Its dull gleam hinted at secrets held tight. Hunger, however, was a harsher master than curiosity. I hunkered down, silencing the clanging echoes of battle with the quiet rustle of a small meal.

(HP 18 / Shield 2.5 total damage / Chausses 1 total damage / Wandering rats escaped / Killed room encounter rats / Gained rats tooth: 2 quest items / Found Iron Key) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive