January 09, 2024

Anamnesis - Introduction and Act I Card 1

Today, I am excited to begin Anamnesis, a solo journaling RPG. In this game, the player takes on the role of a character who wakes up with complete memory loss. The story unfolds across five acts, revealing the character's past and present. Each act peels back another layer of the character's story.To piece together my character's history, I will use a deck of tarot cards. Each draw opens a door to a forgotten memory, revealing a part of the puzzle and helps me understand who I was and what is happening now.

Every day, I will draw two tarot cards and use them to craft a journal entry. This process tells the story of my character's life, one card at a time. The excitement lies in not knowing what each draw will unveil, making each entry a surprise and my journey truly unique.

Follow my character's journey with the world, one journal entry at a time. I am a little nervous as I have no experience with journal games. I hope it is a smooth ride! :)

All tarot card images are from LittleGoa-t. Beautiful and artistic!

***************


ACT 1 Card 1

My Shadow Card: The Lovers
Minor Arcana: Five of Coins - You take a deep breath and smell something in the air. What is this scent? Does it trigger any memories?
Major Arcana: The Star

Journal Entry 01: Aromas of Hope and Connection

As I awaken in the field, a cold wind blows and petals scatter at my feet. The scent of jasmine, usually warm and inviting, now carries a bitter edge. Memories of moonlit gardens and promises flood my mind, a harsh contrast to my bleak reality. Above me, the Star shines brightly, offering a distant hope amidst the Five of Coins and The Lovers, whispering tales of hardship.

Each note of jasmine holds a bittersweet echo - laughter shared with unseen faces, dreams woven with forgotten souls. Fragile memories surface and dissolve in the cold air. The stubborn scent urges me forward, a fragile trail through my own oblivion. Perhaps I'll find the keys to piece myself back together within it, even as the wind of loss threatens hope.

I rise, the scent clinging like a phantom embrace. The journey begins amidst uncertainty, guided by the star. The jasmine whispers promises of resilience, tinged with sorrow, and a bloom in the barren landscape of my forgotten past.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive